Ben’s Awesome Soup:
1 large butternut squash
2 knobs of salted butter (knobs….lolz)
1 tablespoons of olive oil
2 sweet potatoes
1.5 red onions
1l vegetable/chicken stock
Pinch of fennel seeds, sage and basil
1. Chop butternut squash, onion and potatoes into cubes.
2. Warm a large pan (even a wok is fine) and add in olive oil and salted butter. Add in the red onions and cook till soft.
3. Then, add in the cubed sweet potatoes and squash. Cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add in vegetable/chicken stock, cover and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes and squash are soft. Add in seeds/spices 10 minutes in.
5. Using a blender or food processor, ‘pulse’ the soup for 3-4 seconds. You want it smooth but not thin.
6. Season with salt and pepper.